Last week I was nominated by one of my fellow mommy-bloggers, You, Me and Teddy, for a Liebster Award! My first reaction was an excited, “WHAAAAAAA?????!!!” because, who doesn’t love awards? My next reaction was to wonder what exactly it meant. After a google search where I found this very helpful post and then reading You, Me and Teddy’s post, I was able to figure out what the Liebster Award is all about. Liebster is a German word which translates to “dearest” or “beloved” and the Liebster Award is all about sharing the love. It’s basically a nomination that is passed from blogger to blogger to help expose new or lesser known blogs to a wider audience and to help them gain new followers. Those bloggers that are nominated can choose to accept it and pay it forward, or choose not to accept it and move on with their blogging lives.
I had chosen to accept it and was working on my Liebster post when another fabulous blogger, Sandra from It’s Tidy Time, nominated me as well! Whoa!!! Sandra and I go way back. Our friendship bloomed over a twitter conversation in early December which revolved around pajama jeans, friendship bracelets and anklets from Claire’s with beads and loose clasps. Sounds amazing, right? (Maybe you had to be there.)
Anyhow, I am so excited to have been nominated by both of these amazing women. Thank you, thank you, thank you and a million x’s and o’s to You, Me and Teddy and It’s Tidy Time for reading my blog and for nominating me!
Here are the rules that I am playing by:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog in your Liebster Award post.
- Answer the 11 questions that they provide to you.
- Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 500 followers. (I went by the number of blog followers listed in the WordPress Reader.)
- Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Tag your nominees and let them know that you have nominated them by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are my answers to the 11 questions from You, Me and Teddy:
- How did you decide on the title of your blog? Like most of my blog posts, the title popped into my head one night as I was going to bed. I know that it doesn’t make sense to a lot of people (even my husband finds it confusing), but I decided on it and went with it. It kind of has a double meaning. First, when I started my blog in October, my girls were [almost] 2 and 3, so one element of the title is just a nod to life with a 2 year old and a 3 year old. Second, while we are at the point where we are fairly certain that we won’t be having another baby, we’re still in a place where we contemplate it from time to time. At least I do. So to go from 2 kids to 3 kids? Maybe, but probably not.
- In your opinion, what is the best blog post you’ve written so far? Give us the link. Well my most popular post to date is: A cat kicking kid… or a kid kicking cat?. I love this one and still find the story to be hilarious. My personal favorite post which was one of my very first posts is: The Pumping Diaries ~ The End of an Era.
- What’s the best advice you ever received? There are so many good ones. Heels make you look skinnier, pajama jeans look great on everyone; just like sweatpants, not everything can be cooked in a crockpot, don’t wake a sleeping baby, wear waterproof mascara on your wedding day if you think you might cry and do what makes you happy. How can I choose just one?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would you choose? This is a tough one because in all honesty, I probably wouldn’t leave MA because most of my family and friends are here. I’d love to move to San Diego and to be done with the crazy New England winters, but I doubt that I’d ever do it!
- What would be your ideal day out? We love taking the kids to different children’s museums, so my ideal day out would be to visit a museum with the fam, have lunch somewhere and make it home with no tantrums and with the kids sleeping in the car both ways!
- What is your favourite recipe? (Can you share it?) OB found this recipe for Tortilla Soup just like they used to make at California Pizza Kitchen. CPK stopped making it years ago and he knows how much I loved it. This recipe is very close to what they served. It’s awesome and I make it all the time!
- What is your most cherished memory? I have a lot, but I think that my most cherished memory is when I finally got to hold PR after she was born. OB held her first and when they finally let him hand her over to me, I remember staring her and looking at the adorable tiny little dots on her nose. She was so perfect and little and I had been waiting so long for that moment.
- How many hours did you sleep last night? Oh jeez – 5? I usually get around 6, but went to bed late last night.
- If you had to live in a decade other than the current one, which would you choose? Probably the 80’s. I was born in 1982, so I didn’t really get to fully experience the decade. Plus I can really rock the off-the-shoulder look.
- Who is your favorite author? Harlan Coben. Hands down. If you haven’t read anything by him, you are missing out!
- What makes you laugh out loud? A lot of things. OB knows how to make me laugh, the girls are constantly making me laugh and I’ve been told that I laugh whenever someone falls on TV or in a movie. OB says that falling is my favorite.
And my next 11 questions from It’s Tidy Time:
- Where do you like to blog? Most of my posts pop into my head as I get ready to go to bed, so I mostly blog from my laptop in bed. Sometimes in the living room if I get an early start on things!
- Who is your main inspiration in life? Carrie Bradshaw. I don’t think that even needs an explanation.
- How do you feel about winter? Not good. I’m a New England girl, but I do not like driving in the snow. A little snow to play outside with the kids in is fun once in a while, but these long winters are for the birds!
- What was the happiest day of your life? I’d say my wedding day. It’s a close tie with the days that the girls were born, but there are so many other emotions that go along with labor and birth that if I’m picking something based on straight happiness, I’d go with my wedding day. It was definitely the best party I’ve ever been to!!
- Which movie makes you laugh out loud, literally? Hmmm, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation is a classic that definitely makes me laugh every time. Recently we watched The Heat and We’re The Millers and I definitely laughed out loud at both. Watch them! Oh yeah and Pitch Perfect – another funny one!
- What is your favorite candy? I like the dark chocolate/mint combo, so I’d go with a peppermint patty or junior mint type of situation.
- If you could be any animal, what would it be and why? I’d be a cat. Mainly because my cats sit around my house all day doing nothing and get taken care of and fed. It seems like a pretty sweet set up.
- Android or iPhone? I have an Android, but lately I’ve really been feeling left out of the whole emoji trend because it seems that only iPhone has that. I really want to be able to respond to people in symbols on Instagram and Facebook, so I do wish that I had an iPhone.
- What would be your favorite country to visit? I’d love to go to France because Paris seems like it would be amazing and romantic and beautiful!
- Coffee or tea? Coffee! Two months ago, the answer would have been tea because I don’t do caffeine when pregnant or nursing, but I am officially free of both and have been making up for my lost time! OB just bought us a Keurig and it has replaced my pump as my new best friend.
- What would your dream retirement scenario look like? My dream is to be able to retire asap. Like tomorrow would be fine with me. I’m not picky with the scenario just as long as it happens fast. I wouldn’t mind it happening on the beach either.
And now for my big announcement! Here are the 11 blogs that I am nominating. Please feel free to accept and pay it forward, or to continue on with your lives!
- The Fevered Pen
- Primetime Whine Time
- She Drives a Vegetable Car
- City Girl on Hicks Farm.
- The Modern Dad
- One Curvy Blogger
- Midwest Pillow Talk
- Healing the Hart
- History of a Woman
Here are my 11 questions to all of you:
- How long have you been blogging?
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your all-time favorite movie?
- When do you typically work on your blog?
- Coffee, tea or neither?
- Is writing a career or a hobby for you?
- What do you love most in this world?
- Can you share something that you have learned recently?
- Where is your favorite place to shop online?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
I had a great time getting to check out some new blogs! I hope that you all have a chance to read them as well. Last but not least, I must thank Aussa Lorens, who I always turn to when it comes to blog-related questions. She was able to recommend a few blogs that she enjoys reading and that I really enjoyed as well. Aussa has well over 500 followers, so I couldn’t nominate her, but if you aren’t reading HACKER. NINJA. HOOKER. SPY., you must head on over there soon!
Thank you again You, Me and Teddy and Sandra from It’s Tidy Time and for all of the bloggers who choose to accept this nomination, I can’t wait to read your answers!!
xoxo ~ Sarah